Why Java programmers are taking one step ahead in software development industry
Various high quality programming languages are used in the Software Industry. Some of them are expensive, while some are affordable by nature, however all of these are vastly used according to the client’s requirement.
Mainly three languages are used and they are PHP programing, ASP or VB dot Net programing and the Java Programing. This article doesn’t aim at comparing these languages as they all are rich by their own way and used with great faith. This article aims at exploring the advantages of the language.
Java is a high-level object-oriented programming language, influenced in various ways by C, C++, and Smalltalk, with ideas borrowed from other languages as well and was originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Micro-systems and released in 1995 as a core component of Sun Micro-systems Java platform. It is proven that Java is a versatile programming language which is used in mobile phone applications on the down ends as well as on the upper end, Java is used in highly performing servers and in the super computers.
Despite many criticisms, Java is generally understood to be the most popular general-purpose computing language in use today. It is a widely used standard in enterprise programming, and in 2005, it replaced C++ as the language most used by projects on Source Forge.
Benefits of Java
1. Complex dynamic web applications are possible in Java programming.
2. Java is multi threaded programming language so is used in high performance applications.
3. As Java applets are platform independent, it can easily be accessed by software developers.
4. Users do not keep the fear for heavy license fees as Java is an open source language.
5. EJB (Enterprise Java Beans) and RMI (Remote method Invocation) are the globally recognized Java architecture for distributed applications.
6. Automatic garbage collection is possible in Java applications.
7. As Java is a platform independent language, the codes which is written Java, can be run in different platforms.
8. Java is a highly secured, robust and portable programming language in nature.
9. In the database end, Java can use all kind of databases (free and paid) according to the client’s requirements.
10. DAO, CORBA, Hibernate are widely recognized Java architectures which supports internationalization (i18n) for business enterprise applications.
11. Java has the set of well-designed, intuitive and multi tasking APIs which help the Java programmers to do better coding without any hassle.
The computer world currently has many platforms. This has its pros and cons. On the one hand it gives more choices to people; on the other hand it becomes more and more difficult to produce software that runs on all platforms. With its Java Virtual Machine and API, the Java Platform provides an ideal solution to this. The Java Platform is designed for running highly interactive, dynamic, and secure applets and applications on networked computer systems.
Being interactive, dynamic and architecture-neutral, the Java Platform has benefits not only for the developer and support personnel, but also for the end user. For the end users, the platform provides live, interactive content on the World Wide Web, with just-in-time software access. Applications are readily available on all operating systems at once. Users do not have to choose operating systems based on the applications, they can run the applications on their favorite machines.
Developers can develop applications on one platform to deliver to that same platform — the Java Platform, which is available on a wide variety of operating systems and hardware platforms. This much reduces the developing cost. For support personnel, version control and upgrades are much simplified because Java-enabled application can be kept in a central repository and served from there for each individual use.